Fabric and autumn are probably not two words you would put together.
The reason I use fabrics for my autumnal musical activities is because of their lovely floaty quality; a light piece of fabric moves just like a leaf falling off a tree during autumn. I use a variety of fabrics: scarves, fabric leaves and a printed voile.
The fabric leaves are great for the children to watch. I bought some shop display leaves and took the wire out so I was left with just the silky leaf. Whe…
Spring is nearly here! Do you take your children on walks? Why not take them on a spring walk and make it a multi-sensory experience? What do you have nearby that you could explore?
- A bluebell wood. A fantastic experience for sight and sound.
- A farm:
- lambs for the children to see and maybe feed
- farm shop with the new spring vegetables.
- Hedgerow walk. Looking at different changes to the hedgerow.
- If you live in a city go to a park where there are trees and bushes
Then get the…
Winter needn't feel blue in your setting! Singing and listening to music may be the answer you are looking for!
Singing is proven to release endorphins the 'feel-good' chemical. There have been numerous articles written about the benefits. The Science of Singing, Singing changes your brain, Clinical Research on the Benefits of Singing ... and there are many more.
Also listening to music can lift your mood when you’re feeling a bit fed up. I know it is a brilliant pick me up for me!
Time for a change this Autumn; are you fed up with the ‘same old same old’?
Do you struggle to think of new activity ideas? Are you fed up of doing the same ideas every Autumn? Well, why not think about the more unusual events that happen during Autumn like ‘Talk like a pirate day’, ‘Hug a bear day’ or even ‘World Food Day’.
Talk like a pirate day
- Maybe get everyone dressing up as a pirate for the day.
- Make treasure maps - go on a hunt with clues
- Bury treasure in the sand pit.
- Create a…
- Celebrations (8)
- Composing Music (2)
- FAQ (1)
- Instruments (2)
- Listening to music (5)
- Live Music (1)
- Mathematics (3)
- Mathematics: Number (2)
- Mathematics: Shape, Space and Measure (1)
- Music Area (1)
- Musical Elements (1)
- Music Time (11)
- Nursery Rhymes (5)
- Outdoor Music (2)
- Performing (2)
- PDP (6)
- Props (11)
- Routines (2)
- Schemas (2)
- Seasons (4)
- Senses (1)
- Sensory (3)
- Singing (15)
- The Importance of Music in the Early Years (5)
- Topics and Themes (8)
- Top Tips (1)
- Vocal Play (1)